1. What are 'cookies' and which 'cookies' does SANA use?
Unlike the chocolate chip kind, these cookies have no calories! We collect information by placing cookies on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a piece of text containing a unique identifier, which is stored on your computer by your web browser or by your mobile device. They are basically a tool that stores information about App use and Websites' visits. Cookies also allow us to recognise you and your preferences each time you visit SANA. They ensure the functioning of the App and Websites which in turn allows us to provide the services that our members request and to improve your user experience.
We may also use other technologies such as web beacons (also called pixels), tracking URLs and software development kits (SDKs) for similar purposes as cookies. Web beacons are files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has accessed content on our Websites. Tracking URLs are unique links that help us understand where visitors to our Websites are coming from. SDKs are small pieces of code included in applications, which function like cookies and web beacons. For simplicity, in this Policy we also refer to these technologies as "Cookies".
Cookies last for different periods of time depending on which of the following two categories they fall into:
- Session cookies – these cookies only last as long as your online session, and expire when you close your browser (for example Internet Explorer or Safari).
- Persistent cookies – these cookies stay on your device after your browser has been closed. These cookies are used when we need to remember you for more than one browsing session, for instance to remember your preferences from one visit to the next.
If you would like to obtain more information about the third parties placing Cookies on our Websites and App (including a link to their privacy practices) and their lifespan you can access this information:
- in your profile settings for the SANA App (under "Settings" > "Security & Privacy" > "Privacy Settings" on iOS or under "Advertising Preferences" on Android); and
- in the "Manage Cookies" section linked at the bottom of our Websites.
When using our Websites, you are in control and may refuse to accept Cookies at any time by managing your preferences in the "Manage Cookies" section (linked at the bottom of our Websites) or by altering the settings on your internet browser (for example Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox).
When using our App, you are also in control and may refuse to accept Cookies at any time by managing your Privacy Preferences in your Profile in the App (under "Settings" > "Security & Privacy" > "Privacy Settings" on iOS and Android).
Please note that if you choose not to permit Cookies some areas of our Websites or App may not function properly or be accessible. 4. How to contact us?
SANA has designated a Data Protection Officer and they can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org